First developed by Nitobi, Inc., PhoneGap quickly took the mobile app development industry by storm with its superior quality interface designing, rendering and dynamic operability. It creates hybrid mobile apps capable of harnessing platform-specific characteristics by using its underlying Web View rendering and plugins to extend the features of a platform’s native UI framework.
PhoneGap sports the ability to optimize and speed up the delivery of engaging mobile app experiences by significantly minimizing the time for development. In this article, we’ll understand the benefits of PhoneGap and discover its unique features that make native mobile app development a thing of the past.
PhoneGap supports a wide variety of platforms, such as iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7 and 8, BlackBerry 5.x+, WebOS, Symbian, Bada, Tizen, Ubuntu Touch, and Firefox OS.
PhoneGap versus Native apps
PhoneGap is staying ahead of the curve of regular hybrid app development frameworks by showcasing its cost-effective, robust framework. PhoneGap draws a good deal of developer interest as it comes with support from the Apple App Store.
- PhoneGap’s hybrid app development technology stack offers appealing cost-effective methodologies to reduce the expenses of cross-platform app development.
- PhoneGap Build offers seamless compiling of apps in the cloud. It does the work for you in its widely compatible environments, namely, iOS, Windows, Android, etc.
- ‘Build once and debug everywhere’ lessens repetitive development efforts for each of the platforms.
- PhoneGap offers faster development and deployment of apps.
- Easy yet powerful maintainability and support from frameworks such as KendoUI, jQuery mobile, Ionic.
- Better security, resources, and debugging options enable PhoneGap to surpass ordinary hybrid frameworks.
- PhoneGap’s adaptive framework is good for agile app development.
- PhoneGap can offer a large variety of functionalities by extending itself with native plugins in order to design complicated interfaces. A walkthrough of PhoneGap apps
- PhoneGap’s immersive technology stack is helping technocrats reimagine the development of hybrid app systems. The technology bridges the gap between web applications and mobile devices by simplifying a great deal of development workload within a fixed timeline. Moreover, it was downloaded over 1 Million times and is being used by over 400,000 developers worldwide. This is a clear projection of how successful this hybrid mobile development framework is. Let’s view some of the features offered by PhoneGap:
- Building apps are now easy with the first class development methods powered by PhoneGap. The framework is constantly evolving with a broad and active community backing each release.
- Efficiently maximizing performance and minimizing production time by focusing a single codebase to iOS, Android, and Windows app development.
- No hassle of maintaining native SDKs that limits you to building a single-platform app at a time.PhoneGap’s well-structured cloud service, PhoneGap Build, builds apps on the fly with the most up-to-date SDK for the targeted platform.
- PhoneGap Build employs collaboration features to accelerate development cycles. Creating members and roles with PhoneGap’s interactive interface simplify project management between teams.
- Provides access to devices’ underlying hardware such as accelerometer, GPS, camera, etc. Intelliswift has a proven track record of delivering some of the most efficient cross-platform enterprise software to its esteemed clients. Professionals at Intelliswift are committed to develop quality products by consistently adding new and innovative ideas into every project. Intelliswift’s contribution to the IT domain has advanced it into one of the top-tier IT companies.